Carbon Trade eXchange (CTX)
2nd Floor Berkeley Square House, Berkeley Square, Mayfair, W1J 6BD London, United Kingdom
Carbon Trade Exchange (CTX) operates as an online, electronic spot exchange, allowing buyers and sellers to trade cash for carbon offsets (or credits) in real time, 24/7, 365 days a year. CTX delivers simple, secure and transparent access to global carbon markets and operates the world’s first voluntary carbon exchange.
By reducing unavoidable emissions and funding emission reductions in a different location, offsetting allows companies to mitigate the environmental impact of these activities by providing a source of finance for carbon reduction projects, creating real and additional CO2 reductions.
An offset is achieved by purchasing and cancelling carbon credits - 1 carbon credit represents 1 tonne of CO2e reduction. Carbon credits finance a myriad of different environmental projects worldwide, including renewable energy; waste management; forestry and agriculture; biofuels; energy and fuels technologies; biodiversity protection; sustainable development; and ecosystem protections.
When companies purchase and offset, they are providing the essential financial support that keeps these projects operational, whilst positively impacting the environment by helping to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
Once retired, carbon credits can never be bought, sold or claimed as emissions reductions by any other entity. Every retirement leaves a permanent public record which many companies chose to make public by displaying their GS, UN or Verra certification. The Credit Standard registry also maintains a history of documentation relating to the project.
CTX is a commercial partner to the United Nations, the Gold Standard and Verra, accessing certified carbon credit projects which fund real CO2 emission reductions across the developing world. CTX only access project-based carbon credits from environmental projects.
CTX currently offers projects from three of the leading global Credit Standards:
- United Nations (https://cdm.unfccc.int)
- Gold Standard (https://www.goldstandard.org/)
- Verra VCS (https://verra.org)
Being partners with these organisations ensures that full levels of due diligence and compliance are undertaken on the projects from where the credits are being issued. This means that the investment generated by every carbon offset that is purchased is certified to be genuine and ultimately feeding directly into the environmental project.
Direct benefits include:
- Purchase credits at live spot rates using a wholesale rate not usually available to retail purchasers
- Build a portfolio of carbon credits from different projects to meet CSR or fiduciary duties
- Facilitating trades from certified Credits Standards:
- Gold Standard VER
- United Nation CDM
- VERRA VCS
- Strict certification standards to ensure emissions from environmental projects are real, measurable, additional, independently verified and unique
- Access to 1000's of environmental projects, around the globe, with a choice of vintage, methodology, region, country, volume and price
- Functionality to place bids on the exchange for Project Developers to match when looking for a specific methodology, region, volume or price
- Access to an 'environmental market ecosystem' should additional negotiation and assistance be required
- Accessible 24/7/365 from any device
- Continuous trading contract with no paperwork
- Trading in four currencies - GBP, USD, EUR and AUD
- Fully exportable data and reports from company account transaction logs
- Credits and investment received within 24 hours
- No risk of non-delivery
- 10+ years operational experience